cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Notification says: you removed your access from the shared folder, but I didn't and folder is go

Re: Notification says: you removed your access from the shared folder, but I didn't and folder is go

Frustrated29
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Did you ever resolve this as I have the exact same issue today?
Dropbox removed an entire folder and contents and it says I did it which I wasn't anywhere near the computer or phone at the time. It's not showing in shared or deleted, I am the only one that had access and now all my work is gone
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Frustrated29, thanks for posting your question on the Forum, & welcome aboard! 

Initially, you may find that I have gone ahead and moved your post due to the original thread dating back to almost a year. 

As per your request, please note that I was able to locate your open request from my side & have assigned it to a colleague of mine. You should receive it shortly, so please make sure to check your inbox. If you have any trouble locating it, please let me know on this discussion so as to check back with you.  

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and, in the mean time, I hope you have a wonderful week ahead! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Try and see if you can re-add it via https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/add-shared-folder

If not.
Log a ticket with support via www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Frustrated29, thanks for posting your question on the Forum, & welcome aboard! 

Initially, you may find that I have gone ahead and moved your post due to the original thread dating back to almost a year. 

As per your request, please note that I was able to locate your open request from my side & have assigned it to a colleague of mine. You should receive it shortly, so please make sure to check your inbox. If you have any trouble locating it, please let me know on this discussion so as to check back with you.  

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and, in the mean time, I hope you have a wonderful week ahead! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Krnmnng
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm really sorry for what happened, that's super frustrating I know. My case was last July, and unfortunatelly it's still a mistery for me what happened. I've concluded that probably someone broke into my account. I've changed all my login information, however would be great to know what really happened. I tried to find out if there was any log in formation ( if dropbox might keep the IP adress data of the device the folder was terminated from, so I could track down the owner of it) but as far as I could remember this information was not available.

Fingers crossed for your research, and in case you know more I would be really grateful if you kept me updated as well. If this happens to more of us, we might be more effective together. 

good luck!

KM

Frustrated29
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I managed to get my data back.  The event log said I had removed access from the shared folder.  I didnt do this.  I eventually found out someone else did and they didnt realise it was my folder as it was named something completely different and he didnt even know it was my folder.  The event log should have had his details and not mine and then it would have made it clearer.  I didnt know he had access and he didnt know he had the file amongst his many and was called something else.  So yes it has been resolved.  My guess is someone else had access to your folder and has deleted it sometimes not intentially either.

Ferdi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi
Same thing happened to me today on alot of my folders, I could manage to recover almost everything except for the most important one off course - by showing deleted files and restored but the one folder didn't restore. How did you got your data back and how did you find out about the other guy?

Frustrated29
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

We are a committee so posted on our facebook page asking if anyone had been doing anything.  He had deleted his dropbox but backed it up first.  He didnt realise my folder was in there as it was called something different in his dropbox to what I had called it.  When I had tried to restore it wouldn't let me as I hadn't deletd the files even though the event log said it was me.

So he gave me a back up of the folder.  Iniitally it didn't copy everything across and a lot was missing.  Next time it worked.

So this scenario sounds a little different to yours.  Maybe someone from the past had the folder and you have renamed it.  Maybe they cleaned up their dropbox.  Sorry I cant be much more help.

Thanks

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Frustrated29 Explorer | Level 3
    Ferdi New member | Level 2
    Krnmnng New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?