cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Search by tag' not working

'Search by tag' not working

Suntory
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have applied tags to my photos, but the tags are not showing up in the search bar. When I perform the search, I get results that I assume Dropbox's image classifier has unhelpfully recognized as related to my tag search, but I am not able to filter results that actually have that tag. I have cleared my cache, used Firefox and Chrome browsers (most recent versions), I have used the browsers in incognito/private modes, used Windows and macOS operating systems (most recent versions), and tried searching via my desktop file explorers. Nothing works. I have not tried to move the photos into a new folder to tag them there, because the entire point of adding tags was to filter photos that I wanted to move in the first place.

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 11.06.10 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2023-05-14 at 11.06.32 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2023-05-14 at 11.06.36 AM.jpg

19 Replies 19

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Mbare, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or using an incognito window or another browser with no extensions or plugins running to do this?

Let us know if you get the same results. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Mbare
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Walter, yes I did all of that. I was on the latest version of Chrome.  Now on top of it all I restarted Firefox and tried again and still doesn't work, exact same scenario happens. Please read my post. This needs to get better or I am leaving Dropbox. 

Iliana-DBX
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for reporting the issue with #tag search not working since the added comma is bringing up 0 search results. 
I was able to reproduce this new issue and have brought this to the engineering team that owns this area. 
We are hoping to see this resolved before the month is over. I will update this thread once I see we have this solution released. 

khaleeq96
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I spent quite some time organising my team's image library by tagging natively on Dropbox (without moving any files to different folders) and after adding roughly 3-4 tags on average to each file, whenever I search, some tags don't simply don't work. And I think even if they do, they don't display all the results. I've even put the '#' before the search term and still nothing. Please see screenshots below:

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.41.25 am.png

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.42.12 am.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @khaleeq96, I've merged you with this thread for users with similar issues.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

khaleeq96
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It's not working, please help with this. It's urgent as my team needs this feature to work asap thanks

BenDBX
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hello Everybody,

I'm posting to let you know that we haven't forgotten about this issue! Our engineering team has been investigating and is hoping to implement a fix soon. I will update this thread when I have more information.

Regards,

Ben

Iliana-DBX
Dropbox Staff

More work has been done to resolve the #tag search issues. 
Please let us know if you see any further trouble with this. 

khaleeq96
Explorer | Level 4
It’s still not working!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @khaleeq96, could you try clearing the browser cache and then try the searching again?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    khaleeq96 Explorer | Level 4
    Iliana-DBX Dropbox Staff
    BenDBX Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?