cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Search by tag' not working

'Search by tag' not working

Suntory
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have applied tags to my photos, but the tags are not showing up in the search bar. When I perform the search, I get results that I assume Dropbox's image classifier has unhelpfully recognized as related to my tag search, but I am not able to filter results that actually have that tag. I have cleared my cache, used Firefox and Chrome browsers (most recent versions), I have used the browsers in incognito/private modes, used Windows and macOS operating systems (most recent versions), and tried searching via my desktop file explorers. Nothing works. I have not tried to move the photos into a new folder to tag them there, because the entire point of adding tags was to filter photos that I wanted to move in the first place.

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 11.06.10 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2023-05-14 at 11.06.32 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2023-05-14 at 11.06.36 AM.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Iliana-DBX
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for checking and confirming the tag search issue has been resolved! I am glad I was able to deliver this news.

If you should have any other issues, please reach out! Have a great day.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Mustardseed
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I have applied some tags to the screenshots that I have uploaded to Dropbox. But when I search for it , I am not able to see any results.It says 0 results found. If you see the attachment, I have two tags applied. #range, #f_bo. So when I search of either of them, nothing shows up. Kindly refer the other screenshot. Could anyone advise if this is due to how I tag? Thanks for the help and support 

Mustardseed_0-1684108979334.pngMustardseed_1-1684109038370.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Suntory & @Mustardseed - thanks for flagging this with us. 

Could you let us know if you've made sure that your browsers are up to date? 

As for you @Mustardseed, have you tried clearing your browser's cache or another browser just like @Suntory did? 

Keep us posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Mustardseed
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hello @Walter Thank you for the response. Yes. My Browser is the latest one and also, i tried clearing my cache and also tried it from a different browser. The result is the same. Could you help? thank you.

Suntory
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Walter, as I mentioned in my original post, my browsers are all up to date. In the screenshots I posted, I am searching in the Camera Uploads folder, but this issue persists across all folders.

Iliana-DBX
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the reports everyone! I was able to reproduce this issue, as well. 

Our engineers are aware of this issue and have worked on a resolution. 

Please try again and update us to let us know the current behavior. Thanks!

Mustardseed
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Iliana-DBX  Thank you for the response. I have tried it out and its working. Thank you very much for the help with this. 

Suntory
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for looking into this, it's working now for me as well. I really appreciate your help.

Iliana-DBX
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for checking and confirming the tag search issue has been resolved! I am glad I was able to deliver this news.

If you should have any other issues, please reach out! Have a great day.

Mbare
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi there, I am having the same issue. I'm on a mac, (Monterey IOS 12.4), have cleared cache and updated my Chrome browser.

Please help! I need to search thousands of images I have already tagged. When I start typing a tag it suggests existing ones, and if I choose it, it adds a comma (,) to the name and results are 0. If I edit the word and take out the comma, the search works. I also haven't been able to search for multiple tags at once, like "basket" AND "white".   Please see screenshots.

Can you fix this??

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 4.04.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-05-30 at 3.59.24 PM.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    khaleeq96 Explorer | Level 4
    Iliana-DBX Dropbox Staff
    BenDBX Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?