cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selective Photo Upload on iOS

Selective Photo Upload on iOS

Codex
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

There is a feature on iOS to upload all photos taken and delete the source photos. However I only want to upload some of my photos and I also want to decide into which folder they go.

In the moment the steps I have to do are:

- go into the dropbox app, create a folder

- select and upload the photos I like to this folder

- remember which photos I had uploaded 

- go to my photos app and delete the uploaded photos

Now besides the risk to delete photos I might not have uploaded, this process is quite clumsy. Is there any faster way to achieve the same result?

I also thought about writing a new iOS 12 siri shortcut, but dropbox has no integration yet (apart from the standard cloud features that dont do what I need). Is this going to come soon?

Thank you for your help,

Codex

12 Replies 12

palcaide
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Well, from iPad is very easy to do it directly, from the app Photos, taking profit from “Side by Side” and “Drag and Drop” features, both available since IOS 11. Just be sure you have Dropbox in your Dock.

I enclosed a video to show you a demo for situations in which the destination folder previously exists.

[removed from Moderators for security purposes]

Codex
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Genius! Why didn't I come up with this myself? 

This will make things so much easier! Thank you a lot! :grinning:

palcaide
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

And very easy to create a new folder if you need it.

[removed from Moderators for security purposes]

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask the Community here.]

Need more support?