cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshots not found in my Dropbox, it seems they're getting deleted.

Snapshots not found in my Dropbox, it seems they're getting deleted.

Luka009
Explorer | Level 4

My NVR800 with 2 x 500 cameras has been sending motion snapshots to my dropbox account for the last 12+ months with no issues to speak of.

Yesterday I went to check that my dropbox storage wasn't getting too full...only to find ALL previous snapshots , all files gone ???? I have checked that Dropbox is activated on the NVR and my mobile device ...they both reflect same result. The Swann directories are there but zero new or old snapshots are being saved on DB. I went to check all events and deleted files I had previously removed...only to find that in events I can see my deletions BUT there is NO retore option the files just are not seen on DB. The cameras are sending me motion detection notices on my mobile and I have playback on my mobile. This appears to be an issue recently happening with Dropbox. And of course the robo chat support can't offer any meaningful explanation unfortunately. Not sure if anyone is aware of some recent DB changes that have cause this ? Cheers

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @Luka009, I'd be happy to help! 

How exactly have you tried to connect your NVR800, with Dropbox? 

Also, since you mentioned that you're able to see the deletion reflected on your Events page, would you mind sending me a screenshot of how it looks when you check there? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Luka009
Explorer | Level 4

HI Megan , TBH I used another dropbox conversation embedded link in that to see events. I actually don't see an events option easily from the menus. That said I now see that files deleted more than 30 days ago can not be restored in any case. Two recent files that I deleted can be seen as deleted. The odd thing is not any of the Swan security motion snapshots are being pushed into the swann security folder (or anywhere it seems). 

The PDF files I had are still there just everything related to images that were once there...and all subsequent Swann snapshots. The NVR at home shows I am activated and the Swann security works on the phone ...sop does Dropbox ...they just aren't talking ...as if something in the background either DB or Swann has changed and what was working well for 12 months all of a sudden is not and all previous images gone. I will try to offer you more info but not sure how to help you to help me in this instance. I have emailed Swann for some support as this seems odd.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Luka009, thanks for the additional info.

I have emailed Swann for some support as this seems odd.

That's what I was going to suggest, to be honest. Since there's no official Dropbox integration with Swann, reaching out to them would be the best way to go.

Perhaps you can try to disconnect that service from your Dropbox and then reconnect it, to see if that helps.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Luka009
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Hannah , yes I have tried disconnecting both Swann and dropbox. I found another post expressing similar issues and they logged in as the NVR ? not sure where or how they did that.

Yes I have logged a few support tickets with Swann in the hope they can clarify why "all of a sudden what was working fine...no longer does" Thanks it's not easy to resolve as many factors can be at play. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Luka009 Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?