cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Files by date on the Android App

Sorting Files by date on the Android App

RidgeRider
Helpful | Level 5

Is there a way to sort files on the android app by date (not modified) and also change the order by ascending or descending? It has by name or modified but thats all! I ask as I would like to see my latest photos in Camera Uploads at the top of the file list.

6 Replies 6

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @RidgeRider, thanks for reaching out to our Community!

I've searched a bit and I have found this idea. Does it seem similar to what you'd like to do?

If so, you can up-vote it and if it gathers enough votes, it could be implemented in the future.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Clare M.3
Helpful | Level 5

I agree, every day I look for photos on my android and the app only sorts alphabetically.I have to manually drop down to change to sort by most recent. In Cameral Uploads newest should be the default sort. I definitely don't want dropbox to rename my files. their already named by date and time, so this is a default sort tweak in the app,  not a file renaming issue. 

Clare M.3
Helpful | Level 5

hi hannah, it seems such a simple and logical request to see photos sorted by most recent as a default. I'm annoyed every time I see old photos first and have to go through the extra two clicks to see the most recent. Can this be changed? Or let user set which order they prefer as default? 

Clare M.3
Helpful | Level 5

still annoyed by the default sort order, should be most recent first 

RidgeRider
Helpful | Level 5

Simple answer, drop Drobox and something else like Google Drive?

Clare M.3
Helpful | Level 5

I do business on Dropbox. Google drive has more desktop compatibility issues than dropbox. The android app sort feature would not be enough to switch teams, but it seems obvious not want to look at your OLDEST files on your phone... 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Clare M.3 Helpful | Level 5
    RidgeRider Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?