cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Transcription only works for 4 minutes.

Transcription for audio files in different languages not working

sgrbt
Explorer | Level 4

transcription feature not working!

Hi I uploaded a few audio files in different languages which worked fine for the cc caption transcription. Now any audio file takes ages pending transcription then won't work, even the ones it did a transcription for before. I am not sure how to resolve this issue, I have tried logging in and out, different audio files, different languages it just doesn't seem to work!

43 Replies 43

Simon Heywood
Explorer | Level 4

Just stopped about 3 days ago. Now it just wheels for 10 minutes or so and then gives a generic error message. Tried with various browsers, private settings, browsers updated/reinstalled, VPN on/off etc., cache cleared ... "There was an error loading the transcript." Anyone else getting this? Any solutions?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Simon Heywood, welcome to our Community! 

Can you kindly send me a screenshot of the error message you mentioned above, in order for me to have a visual? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Simon Heywood
Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 12.39.33.pngScreenshot 2024-01-11 at 21.17.00.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Simon Heywood, can you let us know which is your preferred browser and which version you're using? Is it the most recent one?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JulieKerr
Helpful | Level 5

Hi there! I'd be grateful if anyone knows how to resolve this... The CC Transcription was working just great then suddenly it started transcribing only 4 minutes of an audio file. The audio files I'm trying to transcribe don't exceed the limit for transcription.  Thanks Julie

Donec
Explorer | Level 4

I am gettingthe same problem.  What is the transcription limit?

JulieKerr
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Donec, thanks for replying.  The audio file I was wanting to transcribe is 15 mins long. Only 4.04 minutes was transcribed. I tried another audio file, this one was perhaps 50 minutes, again only just over 4 was transcribed.  

Donec
Explorer | Level 4

Yep!  Mine is only 37 minutes long.  So what is the transcription limit, I have an idea that is about 60 minutes.

Donec
Explorer | Level 4

Maybe I should have said that it only transcribed the first 4 minutes or so.

shararashka
New member | Level 2

I am having this same issue. Any file I attempt, the transcription is only about 4 minutes. 

Need more support?