cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CC Transcription

Transcription for audio files in different languages not working

sgrbt
Explorer | Level 4

transcription feature not working!

Hi I uploaded a few audio files in different languages which worked fine for the cc caption transcription. Now any audio file takes ages pending transcription then won't work, even the ones it did a transcription for before. I am not sure how to resolve this issue, I have tried logging in and out, different audio files, different languages it just doesn't seem to work!

43 Replies 43

Grover
Helpful | Level 6

(Apologies, double posting: deleted now)

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, thanks for alerting us to this issue.

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix.

Once we have more info, we'll update you as well.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

worldreveller
Explorer | Level 4

I also received this error message two or three times, then it started transcribing only the first 5 minutes of audio files. I just tried a file and it's still only transcribing the first 5 minutes. I appreciate Dropbox's looking into this issue!

Grover
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you, @Hannah .

I was informed today by email by support staff that the issue should be fixed now, but when I tried some audio files, the first ones were transcribed perfect, then one was missing the last minutes of the transcription and the last one I tried, was delivered a transcript that was cut off after 40 min (on an audio recording of 90 min). 

I reported back via email that this serious issue is unfortunately still not solved.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry for jumping in, @Grover. I had a look into our system, and was able to locate your support ticket. 

I’ve left an internal note to our team, so that they may check your reply as soon as possible.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Grover
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you, @Nancy 👍.

Today , 18 January 2024, I can happily report that the transcription malfunction issue on Dropbox.com is 100% resolved. Ben from the Dropbox advanced support team let me know that on 17 January the engineering team implemented some more changes and that seems to have resolved everything perfectly. 

Thank goodness, I can’t do without Dropbox hugely impressive transcription function anymore. 

I am very pleased with Dropbox’s customer support, here on the forum and via email. Also the engineering team was able to fix this serious issue in a matter of days. Thank you all!

With kind regards,

Grover.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Awesome news @Grover!

Thanks for keeping us on the loop, and we are happy to see that you're pleased. 

Enjoy the rest of your week ahead! 😎

Megan
dropbox.com/support

worldreveller
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you!

Donec
Explorer | Level 4

Wonderful news!  Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Grover
Helpful | Level 6

Unfortunately, today I discovered that the Dropbox audio transcription functionality is still not reliable , despite the efforts of the engineering team. Although it is not so seriously malfunctioning as last week anymore, it still is too buggy.

There are small segments in many of my newly made (today) transcriptions that are not fully transcribed by Dropbox AI transcription service. I am missing parts of the text, so I again am forced to listen to the audio snippets and simply can not rely on Dropbox’s transcription service to perform well.

My business is depended on complete transcriptions (because I need to share those text transcriptions with colleagues, who can’t listen back to the individual audio segments related to the transcription, because they don’t have a paid Dropbox subscription).

It’s not a big problem if the transcription is not 100% accurate (in other words: when Dropbox understands a spoken word wrong) , but when many text sentences are simply missing , then there’s a big problem. It needs to be complete. Otherwise the transcription is not a proper representation of my audio files.

I am very frustrated that I can still not deliver the 12 transcriptions that I need to deliver to my colleague this week, because Dropbox is still not functioning as it should.

It is costing me lots of time, energy and frustration, also because all this is happing exactly at a point in time where I need to prepare workshops that are based on the contents of my audio recordings.

Question: until Dropbox get’s this fixed: can someone from the support team or enduser community, point me towards an alternative AI multi-language transcription service?

Thank you.

Need more support?