cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CC transcription suddenly not working

Transcription for audio files in different languages not working

sgrbt
Explorer | Level 4

transcription feature not working!

Hi I uploaded a few audio files in different languages which worked fine for the cc caption transcription. Now any audio file takes ages pending transcription then won't work, even the ones it did a transcription for before. I am not sure how to resolve this issue, I have tried logging in and out, different audio files, different languages it just doesn't seem to work!

43 Replies 43

JulieKerr
Helpful | Level 5

The transcription limit was over well over 60 minutes, and if I recall correctly it was around 100 minutes!

JulieKerr
Helpful | Level 5

The first four minutes or so, it's exactly the same for me. I'm wondering if we have to upgrade to reinstate the full amount, although I haven't had a message to the effect. I'm hoping to get hold of someone from Dropbox today. I update you when I find out more.

JulieKerr
Helpful | Level 5

Shararashka isn't it just so frustrating!😭 The first four minutes or so, it's exactly the same for me. I'm wondering if we have to upgrade to reinstate the full amount, although I haven't had a message to the effect. I'm hoping to get hold of someone from Dropbox today. I update you when I find out more.

Grover
Helpful | Level 6

@JulieKerr and others, since a few days there seem to be serious issues with Dropbox’ transcript function. I have instances where I needed to wait 15 min for the Transcript function to give the message ‘‘There was an error loading the transcript’. For 15 min long, it seemed Dropbox was working on the transcript, but no output was given. The process ended in the above error message. 

Since today something else happens and that is that transcripts are indeed broken off after 4 minutes. It has become unreliable the service. 
Hopefully it will be fixed a.s.a.p. Fingers crossed! 

Grover
Helpful | Level 6

These recent issues with the Transcript function in Dropbox seem to be unrelated to which browser one uses. On all my devices and different kind of browsers these recent transcription issues occur. It’s not a local problem. It’s a problem at Dropbox’ end, affecting many customers. 

Here’s another discussion about it:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/View-download-and-export/CC-Transcription-only-works-for-4-minutes/m...

Hopefully this gets fixed really soon!

Grover
Helpful | Level 6

(Deleted, posted in wrong forum)

JulieKerr
Helpful | Level 5

@Grover  thanks for the link. I've read it and seems like it's a problem with Dropbox not the individual as others are having exactly the same problem. I'm now in touch with support via email and have shared the issue.  When I have a reply, I'll get back to you. Fingers crossed.

shararashka
New member | Level 2

Funny enough, I had been getting the "There was an error loading the transcript" message for a few days also. But now the error is that it only transcribes about 4 minutes of whatever file I try. Hmm. Frustrating. 

shararashka
New member | Level 2

Yeah, my first thought was ope! they want me to upgrade, but yeah, I couldn't find evidence that is what is going on. I look forward to hearing back if you learn more. Thank you! 

Grover
Helpful | Level 6

@Hannah , @Nancy , @Megan : Can somebody from the Support team or engineering team tell us when this serious issue will be resolved?

I do understand the Support team asks us for details about our browsers and files to locate the source of the problem, but by now it’s clear that many customers are affected and that the issue is not a local issue, but a malfunction at Dropbox’ end. There is not much point anymore asking customers for their browser details and settings, I would think? 

A project I am creating depends on Dropbox’ transcription functionality and I need to deliver many transcriptions this week. So it’s unfortunately frustrating my business activities at the moment. If Dropbox is unable to fix it asap, then:

- Can you point us to alternative solutions where we can get transcriptions (for a low price),

- Are we entitled to ask for a refund on our paid Dropbox accounts?

Thank you for helping out!

Need more support?