cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video streaming limitations?

Video streaming limitations?

drpitcairn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I put a video of a meeting I did yesterday in my Dropbox. It is 1.5 hours long and I then obtained a link and sent it out to those that had attended my meeting. Today I find out that people accessing that video can only watch one hour of it. Why is that? I thought there was no limit?

Thanks for help.

— Richard 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@drpitcairn wrote:

Said there used to be but no longer. Guess that was mistaken.

There's no limit for you, but others that access the link will be limited to the first 15 minutes, hour or four hours, depending on your account type.

Mod update: 

• If the owner is a Dropbox Basic user, you can stream the first 30 minutes.
  • If the owner is a Dropbox Plus, Family, or Professional customer, you can stream the first 60 two hours.
  • If the owner is a a Dropbox Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise customer, you can stream the first four hours.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

There are limits, always has been - until recently it was 15 minutes!

The videos are only a preview. They are not designed to be watched in entirety on Dropbox. 

How about exporting to Vimeo?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

drpitcairn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for the info. Before I set this up I watched a video on Youtube as to how to use DB and it said there was no time limit to viewing video files. Said there used to be but no longer. Guess that was mistaken.

I will check out Vimeo.

— Richard 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@drpitcairn wrote:

Said there used to be but no longer. Guess that was mistaken.

There's no limit for you, but others that access the link will be limited to the first 15 minutes, hour or four hours, depending on your account type.

Mod update: 

• If the owner is a Dropbox Basic user, you can stream the first 30 minutes.
  • If the owner is a Dropbox Plus, Family, or Professional customer, you can stream the first 60 two hours.
  • If the owner is a a Dropbox Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise customer, you can stream the first four hours.

drpitcairn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, that explains it. My subscription then is limited to that one hour. I have transferred to Vimeo and it looks like that will work.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

drpitcairn Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?