cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I throw the computer for recycling, will something happen to the files synced in Dropbox?

When I throw the computer for recycling, will something happen to the files synced in Dropbox?

Rachel94
New member | Level 2

Hello,
Dropbox synced with my computer and the computer crashed. When I turn it on, a blue screen appears that loads forever and does not go to the Desktop. I want to hand it in for e-waste recycling. My question is, when I throw the computer for recycling, will something happen to the files that are backed up in Dropbox? I mean, the files won't suddenly be deleted just because I threw the computer away for recycling, right? Even if there is synchronization between the two?

It is important to note that I cannot log into the computer and delete the files or move them to another storage location. Currently, these files only exist in Dropbox.

Hope I explained my question well, my English is not the best.
Thank you

Rachel

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Rachel94, thanks for using Dropbox and happy Monday!

In this case, you can delete this computer from your account's settings online (under linked devices in your Security page) before you hand it over for recycling just to be sure. 

I hope this helps, Rachel. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?