cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

font size in my Dropbox app is hugh!!

font size in my Dropbox app is hugh!!

Wayne G.8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

font size in my Dropbox app is hugh!! (The "D" in dropbox is 1/2 inch high, my folder names are 3/8

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne G.8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Daphne,

Thanks for responding. I am having problems documenting my problem. I think DropBox is actively working against me here as whenever I take a screenshot of my desktop, DropBox seems to intervene. I just quit all apps except FireFox and can only tell you that everything in my DropBox interface is now normally sized. I did take about 10 screenshots that seem to have been eaten by DropBox as they only returned a shot of the background photo in my desktop w/ none of the 66 icons that are normally displayed on my desktop. I ended up by quiting DropBox and then reopening it. That solved all of my "extremely large font" DropBox problems.

As you might know, I have been trying to increase my use of DropBox. I had a great online conversation yesterday or maybe a day or two earlier with one of your fantastically patient and knowledgable consultants.

Thank you for your interest in my problem. I am definitely interested in more fully using the DropBox space that I am now subscripted for. I am trying to find some optimal used of DropBox, OverLeaf, and Apple's iCloud that would enable me to freely work and to have secure backups of my workfiles (DropBox and OverLeaf) as well as the files that my family and I share with each other on iCloud.

Thanks again,

Wayne

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Wayne G.8, thanks for reaching out to us here!

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're referring to there. Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Also, are you referring to the desktop app or the mobile app?

Let me know and we can take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Wayne G.8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Daphne,

Thanks for responding. I am having problems documenting my problem. I think DropBox is actively working against me here as whenever I take a screenshot of my desktop, DropBox seems to intervene. I just quit all apps except FireFox and can only tell you that everything in my DropBox interface is now normally sized. I did take about 10 screenshots that seem to have been eaten by DropBox as they only returned a shot of the background photo in my desktop w/ none of the 66 icons that are normally displayed on my desktop. I ended up by quiting DropBox and then reopening it. That solved all of my "extremely large font" DropBox problems.

As you might know, I have been trying to increase my use of DropBox. I had a great online conversation yesterday or maybe a day or two earlier with one of your fantastically patient and knowledgable consultants.

Thank you for your interest in my problem. I am definitely interested in more fully using the DropBox space that I am now subscripted for. I am trying to find some optimal used of DropBox, OverLeaf, and Apple's iCloud that would enable me to freely work and to have secure backups of my workfiles (DropBox and OverLeaf) as well as the files that my family and I share with each other on iCloud.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that you resolved this @Wayne G.8!

I'd be more than happy to help if you have any other question while exploring the different uses of Dropbox. 

Please feel free to give me a nudge here anytime. :grin:

Have a great week ahead!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Wayne G.8
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

??? Huh?? I would have thought that quitting and restarting DB would not be the preferred solution.  Can you tell me "how" the DB window and font became so huge and what I could have done other than quitting and restarting DB that would have restored the window to its normal size?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me @Wayne G.8!

I wouldn't be able to say for sure exactly what caused this issue as we'd need to do some further investigation.

However, restarting will refresh the elements of the app and this could be why it resolved the issue.

Can you just clarify for me if you see this issue often, or did this just occur once so far?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Wayne G.8 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?