cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving files offline on android

moving files offline on android

KGalloway1987
Explorer | Level 4

When using offline on my android phone/tablet i want to be able to organise my files,

I.e when i go on holiday and im on a plane i want to be able to organise when offline.

Is there a way i can do this? because anytime i try move files it says can't connect to dropbox. Make sure your online or try later

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KGalloway1987,

Despite of Dropbox is sync service, Dropbox mobile applications (including Android' one) don't do this. Such application only lets user access and manipulate files online only (including moving them). Setting some of the files "offline" mean they are cached for access when you don't have network access, so you are going to able always use them (but only use!!). To do something else (including upload back, move, etc.) you need still working net. That's it.

Hope this clarifies matter.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi @KGalloway1987,

Despite of Dropbox is sync service, Dropbox mobile applications (including Android' one) don't do this. Such application only lets user access and manipulate files online only (including moving them). Setting some of the files "offline" mean they are cached for access when you don't have network access, so you are going to able always use them (but only use!!). To do something else (including upload back, move, etc.) you need still working net. That's it.

Hope this clarifies matter.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?