cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discover & Connect

Be inspired by other users and discover a new more enlightened way of working with Dropbox.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropBox Collections?

DropBox Collections?

Tim A
Helpful | Level 5

Is anybody using the new "Collections" feature that appeared as beta in the nav bar on the web? These are just folders right?

8 Replies 8

maria_h
Dropbox Staff

Hi Tim! Thanks for writing in about this. By the sounds of it, this was an idea we were looking to get feedback on. I'd love to hear a bit more about your experience with collections - did you try it out? How did you discover it? For what reason do you think Dropbox came up with this idea? What benefit might it have for its customers (like you)?

tjromero
New member | Level 2

Yes I like it for image delivery: [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

clchristiansen
Helpful | Level 5

Is the beta version of dropbox collections gone? It no longer shows up in my account - and I had several collections that I created, but now they are all gone. If they are gone w/o notice because it was a beta version, I will never use a beta version of anything from dropbox again.

Sheena
Community Manager

We are currently looking into as to why collections is no longer visible. Please bear with us while we investigate this issue. Thank you!

Sheena
Community Developer @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.

tjromero
New member | Level 2

Thank you it really is a helpful tool.

Sheena
Community Manager

The Collections tab is once again accessible, let us know if you run into any other issues!

Sheena
Community Developer @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.

clchristiansen
Helpful | Level 5

quick check today and it seems to be working again. Please keep it active! thanks!

BZN-Nils
New member | Level 2

Best feature in a while!

Our use case is tied into Trello and the community meetings we organize.

We have a large amount of documents grouped into different categories and sub-categories. For larger projects we create Trello boards with weekly lists where each card links to one of our files to be used in the session. Easy.

But for smaller, one-off meetings that don't need a full board we were often faced with the problem of grouping these files: create a folder with shortcuts, drag weblocs there, use Transfer, create copies in yet another folder, or the worst: send share links in an email! Horrible…

Now, this is just splendid. All our meetings, smaller get-togethers, we can just add our files wherever they're archived into handy, reusable, shareable groups—and (I'm guessing?) even when the originals are renamed, or moved to another category, the Collection stays intact.

REALLY hope this feature will be a keeper!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BZN-Nils New member | Level 2
    clchristiansen Helpful | Level 5
    Sheena Community Manager
    tjromero New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?