cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child folder location

Child folder location

adilsk
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I need to get the child folder location when i change a file inside the child folder.

eg: if i change the test.xml inside c:/TestFolder/TestFolder1/TestFolder2/Test.xml i need to get path as c:/TestFolder/TestFolder1/TestFolder2. but am getting c:/TestFolder now. Am doing this using the cursor am getting through the change notification.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'm not sure I understand your message. You mentioned paths with a "c:/" prefix, which seems to indicate a local Windows filesystem path, not a Dropbox path. Dropbox itself does not use letter-based drive roots like "c:".

For information on interacting with and detecting changes on the Dropbox filesystem, I recommend checking out these guides first:

Otherwise, I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'd need some more information. In that case, please reply with:

• the name and version number of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any
  • the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s), but don't include any access or refresh token(s)
  • the full text of any error or unexpected output
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?