cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert in app when conflicted copy created

Alert in app when conflicted copy created

Ravi k.9
New member | Level 1

I am using the Dropbox Sync API in our iPad app. I would like to give my user a alert message when a conflict occurs for a file he is working on. Currently when a conflict happens, a conflicted copy gets created on the server and the file the user is working on gets synced to the conflicted copy. So any further changes that the user makes to the local copy gets synced to the conflicted copy on the server. Until the user checks in the dropbox folder he is not aware that his file created a conflict and that he is working and updating the conflicted version of his file.

Is there anyway to let the user know (within the app) that a conflict occurred and that his file is linked to the conflicted copy?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The relevant documentation for DBFile.info says:

Note that the path of a file can change if a conflict occurs, so the value of file.info.path is not always equal to the path the file was opened at.

So, you can detect a conflict by checking if the path changed. I'll be sure to pass this along as a request for a better way to handle this though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?