cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Best way to get a file's URL

Best way to get a file's URL

Not applicable
Go to solution

I am making an iOS app that displays all of the images from a selected folder. To make caching the images easier and more efficient I'm using the SDWebImage Library. SDWebImage requires a URL and I'm currently using the getTemporaryLink function to get a link for each image in the folder. Is there a better way to get a URL? I'm concerned that the links expiring will cause issues. 

24 Replies 24

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@rahlpanchal Pash237 shared an example of using the getTemporaryLink method. Is that not what you're looking for? If not, please feel free to open a new thread with the details of your question.

iCodes
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello Greg i have the same problem with this error : "{"Value should match pattern '\\A(?:(/(.|[\\r\\n])*|id:.*)|(rev:[0-9a-f]{9,})|(ns:[0-9]+(/.*)?))\\z'\r\nParameter name: path"}"

heres my code:

try
{
       var result = await dbx.Sharing.CreateSharedLinkWithSettingsAsync(@"E:/Dropbox/iCodesStorageDropbox/H11018304_MMCH/CF1-         TR18-0000005-121212-JOSESAPANZAAMIDO.enc", null);
       var url = result.Url;
       MessageBox.Show(url);
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
        MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString());
}

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@iCodes I see you also opened another thread for this so I'll follow up there:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-Support-Feedback/HELP/m-p/283564#M17366 

lenner90
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

can i get the temporary link of the whole folder not just the file.

my convern is I am geting multiple image from dropbox , it take time to get temporary link one by one.

or any better solution?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@lenner90 No, unfortunately it's not possible to get a temporary link for a folder itself, or for multiple files in bulk, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

Need more support?