cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Connection timeouts

Connection timeouts

xsadrayx
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

Since 2021-03-10 11:57 we have been getting timeouts with 499 status code when trying to connect to the Dropbox

cURL error 7: Failed to connect to api.dropboxapi.com port 443:...

Can my IP be blocked by DropBox or what is the issue?

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox API does not block IP addresses or timeout requests intentionally. If/when the Dropbox API rejects a request, Dropbox will return an explicit error response.

I'm also not clear on what you mean when you say the request timed out, but you received a 499 status code. The status code would be in the response, but the error you included seems to show the connection failed so there wouldn't be an actual response from the server to contain a status code, and the output you shared doesn't show "499".

It looks like you may have truncated the error output though. Is there more to the error that you can share?

In any case, is there anything on your network connection, such as proxy, firewall, etc., that may be interfering with your connection to api.dropboxapi.com?

xsadrayx
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for reply
Sorry for disinformation, I got 499 code in my hosting logs, probably this is not related to the problem

Hosting support sent me ping info and claims IPs are probably blocked

xsadrayx_0-1615452472885.png

What should I do?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox API does not block IP addresses, so this is likely a networking issue. Were you able to check if there's any proxy, firewall, etc. that may be interfering? 

xsadrayx
Explorer | Level 3

The problem disapeared. Thank you for your consultation

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

xsadrayx Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?