cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a shared link error

Create a shared link error

angela83
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am using the python sdk and I am having an issue creating a shared link for one of the users. The application has Permission Type 'App folder' 

The sharing_create_shared_link api is throwing this error:

CreateSharedLinkError('path', LookupError('not_found', None))

I am positive that the path I am providing is correct as I am using path_lower from the FileMetadata as seen below

FileMetadata(name=u'video.mp4', id=u'id: xxxxxx', client_modified=datetime.datetime(2020, 8, 18, 5, 37, 39), server_modified=datetime.datetime(2020, 8, 19, 5, 46, 52), rev=u'xxxxxx', size=79995854, path_lower=u'/video.mp4', path_display=u'/video.mp4', parent_shared_folder_id=None, media_info=None, symlink_info=None, sharing_info=None, is_downloadable=True, export_info=None, property_groups=None, has_explicit_shared_members=None, content_hash=u'xxxxxx', file_lock_info=None)

The user has confirmed that the file does exist and even tried renaming it and the issue persists.

I have tested the same scenario with a similar file name and location on my account and the shared link is created without any issues.

Any help on what might be causing this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report. We'll likely have to check on this specifically. Please open an API ticket here from the account that owns the app so we can follow up with you privately: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

It would be helpful if you can include the following details:

• the relevant app name
  • the affected user ID
  • the affected file path or ID

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the report. We'll likely have to check on this specifically. Please open an API ticket here from the account that owns the app so we can follow up with you privately: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

It would be helpful if you can include the following details:

• the relevant app name
  • the affected user ID
  • the affected file path or ID

angela83
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

thanks support for the help. The issue was that the user had not verified their email address and shared links cannot be created until the address is verified.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

angela83 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?