cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do i integrate Dropbox chooser with Angular app?

How do i integrate Dropbox chooser with Angular app?

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am using angular v 7 which is currently stable angular version. I would like to use angular chooser in my application. I have used it with JavaScript/AngularJS . There i can import script with my app key. Here in angular 7, i need it to work with typescript. How do i do that? If chooser is not available in this scenario, how can i mimic it's functionality?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox Chooser isn't officially supported in Angular unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

If you wanted to replicate the functionality using the Dropbox API, you could do so using the following endpoints (or corresponding methods in an SDK/library), but it would be substantially more work:

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox Chooser isn't officially supported in Angular unfortunately, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. 

If you wanted to replicate the functionality using the Dropbox API, you could do so using the following endpoints (or corresponding methods in an SDK/library), but it would be substantially more work:

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks @Greg-DB for quick reply.

What i need is link of users file, which is returned by chooser. i will try to find alternative way to do it. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you use the Dropbox API, the /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings and /2/files/get_temporary_link endpoints can be used to retrieve links equivalent to "preview" or "direct" links from the Chooser, respectively.

gauravsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Greg, 

Thanks for reverting.

I would like to share more info for my usecase. May be you can suggest the best way to achive what i need. 

Is there any way i can send private message?So i can share more details.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, if you would like to request API support privately, you can do so here.

dbrw
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

this works... somewhere in your component.ts: (remember the script tag in index.html or wherever)

const options = {

success: (files) => {

// do something

},

};

const dropbox = (window as any).Dropbox;

const dropboxBtn = dropbox.createChooseButton(options);

document.getElementById('<your div id>').appendChild(dropboxBtn);

Need more support?