cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marco M.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm developing an android app which uses DB api V2. Each time i select the option for login it accesses my dbbox through my credentials I can upload a file. But when i want to come back to the activity that called the one for authentication in fact it reloads the just called activity. I think it's an issue with onResume method but I'm not able to figure it out

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Marco, I'm not sure I follow, but it sounds like you may be calling the startOAuth2Authentication method when you don't intend to. You may want to add some logging around that, or step through with a debugger to see where that's happening.

You can refer to the Android sample app here to see how it handles it:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java/blob/master/examples/android/src/main/java/com/dropbox/c...

If you're still having trouble, please post the relevant code, and maybe some screenshots and a screencast showing the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Marco, I'm not sure I follow, but it sounds like you may be calling the startOAuth2Authentication method when you don't intend to. You may want to add some logging around that, or step through with a debugger to see where that's happening.

You can refer to the Android sample app here to see how it handles it:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java/blob/master/examples/android/src/main/java/com/dropbox/c...

If you're still having trouble, please post the relevant code, and maybe some screenshots and a screencast showing the issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?