cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New OAuth starting september - what does it mean for me?

New OAuth starting september - what does it mean for me?

FlyingThunder
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
So far ive had a small app running that just up and downloads a small handful of files every day. it uses the normal oauth2 access token that i generated on the settings page of the app. now the question because i didnt quite understand. will i have to account for the upcoming changes that replaces the long lived tokens with temporary ones, of will my token keep working and i only need to watch out for it something if i were to register a new app?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like in your case you've only manually generated an access token to connect to your own account, and are not using the actual OAuth app authorization flow.

Long-lived access tokens are now considered deprecated, but we don't currently have a plan to disable existing long-lived access tokens. (If that changes, we will of course announce that ahead of time.) That being the case, you can continue using existing long-lived access token(s).

Note though that after the change you won't be able to create/generate new long-lived access tokens.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It sounds like in your case you've only manually generated an access token to connect to your own account, and are not using the actual OAuth app authorization flow.

Long-lived access tokens are now considered deprecated, but we don't currently have a plan to disable existing long-lived access tokens. (If that changes, we will of course announce that ahead of time.) That being the case, you can continue using existing long-lived access token(s).

Note though that after the change you won't be able to create/generate new long-lived access tokens.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?