cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem with using Generated access token to test using SwiftyDropbox

Problem with using Generated access token to test using SwiftyDropbox

UWRL
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have followed the instructions on https://github.com/dropbox/SwiftyDropbox in an attempt to test the V2 API with my Swift desktop macOS App.  The only difference is that I am using the Swift_2_3 branch.

When inputting my "Generated access token", from my App page on my account, and compiling I get an error on this line:

let client = DropboxClient(accessToken: "GENERATED_ACCESS_CODE_HERE")

The error is "Connot convert value of type 'String' to expected argument type 'DropboxAccessToken'"

I've attempted to cast the string into the correct type but nothing is working.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Swift 3 branch has the DropboxClient constructor just taking the access token as a string now, but the Swift 2.3 branch still requires a DropboxAccessToken object there. You can construct it like this:

DropboxClient.init(accessToken: DropboxAccessToken(accessToken:"ACCESS_TOKEN_HERE", uid:"USER_ID_HERE"))

View solution in original post

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Just use client instead of Dropbox.authorizedClient:

client.sharing.createSharedLinkWithSettings(...)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Swift 3 branch has the DropboxClient constructor just taking the access token as a string now, but the Swift 2.3 branch still requires a DropboxAccessToken object there. You can construct it like this:

DropboxClient.init(accessToken: DropboxAccessToken(accessToken:"ACCESS_TOKEN_HERE", uid:"USER_ID_HERE"))

UWRL
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for that help. That pushed me along a little further. I'm trying to retrieve a public shared link for a folder. This is what I have so far:

var client = DropboxClient.init(accessToken: DropboxAccessToken(accessToken:"ACESS_TOKEN", uid:"UID_NUMBER"))

Dropbox.authorizedClient?.sharing.createSharedLinkWithSettings(path: dropboxItemName).response({ response, error in
    if let link = response {
      print("link.url: " + link.url)
    } else {
      print("error: ")
      print(error!)
    }
})

Unfortunately I'm not getting anything from either "print" statement in the "if" statement in the Dropbox.authorizedClient statement. Any suggestions? Am I missing something here?

Steve M.
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Just use client instead of Dropbox.authorizedClient:

client.sharing.createSharedLinkWithSettings(...)
Need more support?