cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Suddenly getting "v1_retired" error

Re: Suddenly getting "v1_retired" error

Sam80
Helpful | Level 5

It looks like this may be occurring again now when making requests with `grant_type=refresh_token`.

20 Replies 20

mick_bg
Explorer | Level 4

Let me add my voice to the chorus. It's been days and the situation is getting worse. Even without syncing, I get the error. I'm using Maestral.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@mick_bg Thanks for the note. The team is looking into it. I'll follow up here once I have any news.

craigz
Explorer | Level 4

Chiming in as another Maestral user. This error started popping up infrequently a few weeks ago and it's been happening more and more often, especially over the past couple days. Today alone it's happening about 3-4 times per hour which is beyond frustrating.
In addition to happening periodically when I'm personally doing nothing whatsoever with Dropbox, it also occurs nearly every time I add something to my synced folder. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@craigz Thanks for the information!

chaos-cloud
New member | Level 2

We are also experiencing this problem. It occurs sporadically from time to time when fetching new oauth2 access token.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@chaos-cloud Thanks for the note!

jlang
New member | Level 2
Also seconding here. This is a persistent problem using the API. Please look into it ASAP.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@jlang Thanks for the note. Engineering is looking into it.

eli-
Explorer | Level 4
Adding my voice to the sea of others – pretty desperate for this to get fixed! Thanks for looking into it, hopefully all will be working again shortly. 🙂

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@eli- Thanks for the message. We're working on it and I'll follow up here once I have an update.

Need more support?