cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remove Shared Folder Member

Remove Shared Folder Member

TwinBlade
Helpful | Level 5

Hey,

I am using the .NET SDK and I would like to remove a member from a shared folder (on a team namespace). I am the one who created the folder

dbt.AsAdmin(teammemberID).Sharing.RemoveFolderMemberAsync(SharedFolderId, new MemberSelector.Email(MemberMail), true);

I am using the dbmid of the Team Admin and have tried with AsMember as well. I didn't find information in the documentation - if removing members from shared folders on a team member is impossible, so am I missing something ? 

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

That's the correct method for removing a member from a shared folder. Is it not working for you? Please share whatever unexpected error or output you get from it.

Also, can you clarify if you're trying to remove them from a shared folder, or a shared folder in a team folder, or a team folder itself?

TwinBlade
Helpful | Level 5

Hey,

I get a "no_permission" error (You don’t have permission to perform this action.). I am trying to remove a member from a shared folder - "Project F". That shared folder is in another shared folder "Projects" that is located on the team namespace (root) of the dropbox. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks! That's helpful. It looks like this happens when setting the 'leaveACopy' parameter to true. We'll look into it, but for now, you can work around this by setting that to 'false'.

TwinBlade
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you for the solution Greg. Would you be able to tell me if this will be investigated soon or give me some estimate ? 

Thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This is open with the team, but I can't offer a timeline unfortunately. I'll follow up here once I have an update.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I heard back from the team, and they confirmed that this is the expected behavior. For team-owned content like this, you can't leave a copy with the removed shared folder member. I've asked them to update the documentation to clarify this.

Need more support?