cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sync Dropbox with pc using c#

Sync Dropbox with pc using c#

SrustiThakkar
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello,

I am creating Dropbox Client application using WPF and Windows Service in c#.

I want to listen changes done online on Dropbox Website. For that I am using Dropbox .net SDK v2. In that any method like delta? for sync online data with desktop client?

I have tried "list_folder_continue" method for get last changes but it says invalid cursor.

How can i Get list of changes in c#?

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The equivalent of API v1's "delta" functionality in API v2 is ListFolder and ListFolderContinue. You can start by calling ListFolder, and then call back to ListFolderContinue to get any more listings as indicated by ListFolderResult.HasMore, or at a later point in the future to get any new entries. (And so on, using the latest cursor from ListFolderContinue each time.)

If your call is failing with "invalid cursor", it means that the value you supplied to ListFolderContinue wasn't recognized as a valid cursor string. You should only supply the exact string returned from ListFolder or ListFolderContinue in ListFolderResult.Cursor.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The equivalent of API v1's "delta" functionality in API v2 is ListFolder and ListFolderContinue. You can start by calling ListFolder, and then call back to ListFolderContinue to get any more listings as indicated by ListFolderResult.HasMore, or at a later point in the future to get any new entries. (And so on, using the latest cursor from ListFolderContinue each time.)

If your call is failing with "invalid cursor", it means that the value you supplied to ListFolderContinue wasn't recognized as a valid cursor string. You should only supply the exact string returned from ListFolder or ListFolderContinue in ListFolderResult.Cursor.

SrustiThakkar
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank You for your quick reply. 

Need more support?