cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with Dropbox Saver

problem with Dropbox Saver

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, 

Days ago I could save some files without problem, but now when trying to save certain files, the progress stops from one moment to another. I have tried from other links and with other files, but the same thing happens. It mainly happens to me with files larger than 1GB, I don't know if there is now a size limit, because previously I didn't have any problems.

Please could fix this problem soon. 

27 Replies 27

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox Saver, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

• the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s)
  • the full text of any error or unexpected output

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

thanks for your prompt response.

To upload my files I use the service of this page, https://urltodropbox.softgateon.net/ , and the link of one of the files that I have tried to upload is this https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/3/06365375-C346-4D65-87C7-EE41F55F736B/7601.24214.180801... , when loading the file, it reaches a certain percentage of progress and stops, and after 5 minutes the connection is closed. Sorry if I can't share external links on the forum

One of the errors that most frequently gives me is the following

Error: Error downloading https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/6/3/06365375-C346-4D65-87C7-EE41F55F736B/7601.24214.180801.... HTTP 599: Operation timed out after 300000 milliseconds with 1318055685 out of 5898725376 bytes received

I will be attentive to any other information you need.

Thanks

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

I use an app from an external page to upload my files, but apparently I can't share links from external sources in the forum, because I had responded hours ago with the links and they deleted my response.

I don't know how I could give you more details to reproduce the issue.

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

The errors I always get usually have the following structure

Error: Error downloading URL to save to Dropbox. HTTP 599: transfer closed with 4829700032 bytes remaining to read

Error: Error downloading URL to save to Dropbox. HTTP 599: Operation timed out after 300002 milliseconds with 1314347530 out of 5898725376 bytes received

Note: I replaced the url with URL to save to Dropbox to not include external links.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It looks like your previous message was caught by the spam filter; I've restored it now.

Anyway, thanks for the additional information. That's helpful. We'll look into it and I'll follow up here once I have an update for you.

gaganov
Helpful | Level 5

The same issue happens to me. 

Cloudfront url. Downloads successfully via curl or wget, but fails with the same error "HTTP 599: Operation timed out after 300001 milliseconds with 1020453089 out of 5582523841 bytes received"

I've tried two urls with big files (5Gb and 3Gb), those fails. A smaller files upload successfully.

Due to this issue we got many complains from our customers, which affected our business. This issue needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. 

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

Hello @Greg-DB 
Could the problem be solved already?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Andres Garrido I don't have an update on this yet. I'll follow up here once I have news.

Andres Garrido
Explorer | Level 4

@Greg-DB thanks, I will be attentive to any news

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    gaganov Helpful | Level 5
    Andres Garrido Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?