cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled the monthly trial, still getting debitted 11.99 euros

Cancelled the monthly trial, still getting debitted 11.99 euros

Ametlec
Helpful | Level 5

This is just getting out of hand, on all of my family's dropbox accounts it says "dropbox basic" and yet my bank is still getting debitted 11.99 euros. What a load of crap is this service you're running for? I'm legit getting billed for no service at all, I've already asked for my account deletion NAH nope, now I have to ask for my credit card to be banned for being used for dropbox too? Hello? And why do I have to contact community and not support? Because i'm not paying? Well you keep billing me 11.99 monthly for no reason so I should be able to contact real support by the way. And STOP GIVING ME TUTORIALS STEP BY STEP HOW TO CANCEL A TRIAL I'VE ALREADY DID. You are an actual company with actual humans, please. I don't ever wanna pay Dropbox for something I don't use. Help.

16 Replies 16

Re: Cancelled the monthly trial, still getting debitted 11.99 euros

Katrin26
Helpful | Level 5
Again

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Ametlec, thanks for posting on the Community.

I understand your frustration over this matter, let's see what we can do to resolve this.

According to your bank statement, is it getting charged by Dropbox, iTunes or Google Play?

Are you able to see the payment on this page on your account?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ametlec
Helpful | Level 5

Hi @Jay

No I don't see it but I do see other

Ametlec_0-1613748284088.png

Jay
Dropboxer
It looks like this are attempted payments, but not successful since there isn't a receipt for any of those payments. 

Given the currency shown there, is looks like this was via the mobile app, since GPD is only used for them. Have you tried cancelling the plan via the Dropbox mobile app, depending on which device you have?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ametlec
Helpful | Level 5

Yes @Jay if you look up ticket id 11929022

You'll see that Dropbox support themselves canceled my dropbox free trial and even my accounts are all on "dropbox basic" yet I'm still getting billed on my bank -11.99

Ametlec
Helpful | Level 5

And what do you mean not valid? My bank getting billed -11.99 on January and now on February is valid enough, what are you on about? I can send you screenshots as well just not here as its public

Per-Magnus
New member | Level 2

Same here! I don´t now what to do. It seems as if you don´t have "business" or more they just rip you off.

I´m very intrested in how many more there is that has had the same experience.

Ametlec
Helpful | Level 5

They know it very well... Imagine for old people who aren't that good with computers and all. I mean even me being tech savvy, I'm still having problems cancelling this subscription, I called iTunes to block all of my apple store accounts, I contacted dropbox to delete my account first but then they said how cancelling the subscription first is a must and one month after even tho my account clearly says Dropbox basic, i'm still getting billed. I'm looking to talk to my bank and sort all of this out since apparently Dropbox support takes longer to respond if you're not a "member".

Ametlec
Helpful | Level 5

The most ridiculous thing out of all this is that they're gonna pass the blame to iTunes (saying to contact them) even tho they really encourage monthly trials on their Dropbox iOS application and I'm really really hoping to get a refund as Dropbox is something I plan on never using. But seeing how Dropbox support works, I don't think i'll get one, sadly. Still, feel free to prove me wrong!

Ametlec_0-1613752998444.png

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?