cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delete a personal dropbox account to recreate it after ?

Delete a personal dropbox account to recreate it after ?

STEPHANEPOUR1
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

Is it possible to delete a personal dropbox account and after some days open a new dropbox account based on the same email ?

I was thinking to delete mine, and re-create it from scratch taking advantage of a promotional offer (free 100Gb for a year long) given by my new brand Windows laptop: no problem with that? or should I create another email to take advantage of that offer?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @STEPHANEPOUR1, welcome to our Community!

If you don't have a problem with deleting your account and recreating it with the same email address, you can of course do what you had in mind. 

Alternatively, you can use another email address to create a new account, exactly as you mentioned.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

STEPHANEPOUR1
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Walter for confirming, I will do so!

STEPHANEPOUR1
Explorer | Level 4

Hi again,

I just lowed my Business plan to normal and Dropbox confirms this plan change is scheduled at the end of my Business cycle (16/12), but will it be still the case if I delete my account before?

Otherwise I can wait until the 16/12 and then delete my account but will I be able to log in Dropbox if my current company will disable my profesional email in only 3 days (beginning December) ?

I am wondering if I can keep logging in Dropbox if meanwhile my email does not exist anymore (I am sure that I will be able as that email is just a 'username' but I prefer to doublecheck in case of)

Thanks for confirming!

Mark
Super User II

Hi @STEPHANEPOUR1 

The downgrade just relates to billing, so, you can delete before then but you'd lose the paid for benefits of that until then. 

You can still log in once your email address changes or is closed but personally I'd recommend changing the email on account to one you have access to before then because if for any reason (no matter how small) the password expires/its forgotten etc. you cannot get access to an account without access to the email address. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

STEPHANEPOUR2
New member | Level 2

Thanks Mark,

I finally changed my profesional email (the one that will not exist anymore soon) with another personal one, I also lowed my Dropbox account to normal...that I will delete once I will quit my job.

Thanks for your excellent support!

Need more support?