cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!

HELP!

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 3

These people are driving me insane - I just purchased 100MB of space for 10 bucks and they're telling me that my box is full - how is this possible? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: HELP!

Mark
Super User II

Hi @johnmike59 

That isnt a Dropbox plan. That is a feature of Dropbox paid plans. With paid plans you can send 100gb to other people - you cannot buy 100gb as a storage amount. The only plans you can get are at www.dropbox.com/plans. That is called Dropbox transfer which you can read about at https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/about

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II

Where did you purchase that from @johnmike59 ? That isnt a plan Dropbox offers. 

Dropbox plans are at https://www.dropbox.com/plans 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 3

My mistake - 100GB, NOT 100MB - but still I should not have maxed out - but thanks for your reply. 

Rich
Super User II

@johnmike59 wrote:

My mistake - 100GB, NOT 100MB - but still I should not have maxed out

Still not a plan that Dropbox offiers. The smallest paid plan is Plus, which offers 2TB of storage space. If Dropbox is saying your account is full, then either the upgrade didn't go through (assuming it was a legitimate Dropbox plan) or you may have upgraded the wrong account.

Sign in to your account on the Dropbox website and verify the plan that you're on. If it says Basic, then your account is not upgraded.

Mark
Super User II

I have a feeling you have actually paid for an upgrade via Box.com not Dropbox: https://www.box.com/en-gb/pricing

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 3

Nope - I went here: https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/plans?oqa=acc_plan_upgrade - but thanks for being so helpful. I appreciate it very much.. 

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks, but I went here:  https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/plans?oqa=acc_plan_upgrade- and this is the plan I've had - then I stopped for a few months and re-upped - I suspect that's where the problem lies - I'll e-mail Support and get to the bottom of it - I've had no luck with these "clouds" lately - OneDrive is not running and MS Support can't help (or they've given up), so I returned to Dropbox. 

Many thanks again for your help - I do appreciate it very much! 
 -

Mark
Super User II

Hi @johnmike59 

That isnt a Dropbox plan. That is a feature of Dropbox paid plans. With paid plans you can send 100gb to other people - you cannot buy 100gb as a storage amount. The only plans you can get are at www.dropbox.com/plans. That is called Dropbox transfer which you can read about at https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/about

View solution in original post

johnmike59
Explorer | Level 3

I understand now and thank you yet again - but why would I want to transfer files to anyone?  My files are very personal and there's no reason for me to share them.  I'll just suck it up, and try to get my OneDrive up and running - I know one has to choose one or the other and I feel more comfortable with OneDrive - thanks so very much for explaining all of this to me - it seems a terrible tangle, but it was just a misunderstanding! 

Mark
Super User II

Your files are personal and you dont share (same with me to be honest!), however, others do share - work videos/resources/PowerPoints etc. its a way of sending things instead of using things like WeTransfer.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    johnmike59 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?