cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds from subscription

Refunds from subscription

mbozukov
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Sir/Madam,
On September 9, 2021. you have withdrawn 119.88 euros from my credit card. I'm on a Dropbox Basic plan. Please reimburse me in accordance with European law.
Sincerely,
Metodi Bozukov

7 Replies 7

Re: Refunds from subscription

Rich
Super User II

@mbozukov wrote:

On September 9, 2021. you have withdrawn 119.88 euros from my credit card. I'm on a Dropbox Basic plan. Please reimburse me in accordance with European law.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

mbozukov
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,
I followed your instructions and could not find this center. Can't you send me an email to send my request to.
Thanks for understanding.
Kind regards

Mns816
Explorer | Level 4

I’ve had the same problem. My account has been charged 11.99 since April 13th but I only discovered it this morning. I’ve contacted my CC company and they are disputing all charges and sending me a new card. I could get no help from DropBox’s website which is horrible customer service. I was sent from one page to another. I entered requested info but website wouldn’t accept it. I will delete Dropbox just as soon as I see a credit on my statement from all the charges made. 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @mbozukov & @Mns816, thanks for posting today! 

Would it be able for me to reach out to your Community email, so we can have a closer look into this? 

Keep me posted!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mbozukov
Explorer | Level 4

Dear Lori,

I have the following problem opening the refund option.
When I am on the website https://www.dropbox.com/support/ and select the option "How to cancel / refund your subscription" it redirects me to https://www.dropbox.com/support/billing from there I select the option " View payments & billing help "and the page https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing?utm_content=fa&utm_source=sup opens, select the" Refunds "option and redirects me to https: //help.dropbox. com / accounts-billing / payments-billing / refund. I live in the EU, so I choose the option "To request a refund, contact support for assistance", which brings me back to the first web page. And so I spin in a vicious circle.
Therefore, please send me an email to request a refund, because the 14-day period will soon expire.

Kind regards

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey, @mbozukov. I'm sorry to hear about this! 

In order for us to have a closer look into this, I sent you a new email. 

Feel free to reply back to me as soon as possible.

Cheers!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mns816
Explorer | Level 4

I’m no longer concerned about your having a closer look at my problem. If DropBox gave a flip about their customers, a way to contact support would be offered no matter the “Level” the customer is on. 
I had the exact same “journey around your site” as Mbozkov, was sent from one page to another, then back to original page. 
I am bitterly disappointed with my time wasted and the lack of service with Dropbox. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mns816 Explorer | Level 4
    Lori Dropboxer
    mbozukov Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?