cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT HELP PLEASE - not syncing and storage reduced to 2Gb

David H.10 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I am a Pro user (1TB) having used 52Gb so Far

However, dropbox will no longer sync as it is telling me my box is full ??  ( 2.5 Gb of 2Gb )

Even though I have logged out and logged back in, kicked my machine and sworn at it several times,   I still get the same.  I can still access my 52Gb  if I enter via my Google app, but not if I log in via your website  

Is this a fault I can deal with or does some one need to get the hammer out at Dropbox HQ please ?

How do I know when my subscription is due for renewal ?  (is it already - hence this issue ?)

why do you not have a telephone number for human to human contact, which would resolve this in minutes rather than me waiting on tender hooks for 48 hours or more ?

Please help urgently as I need to upload more data which I can not otherwise sensibly store  (hence my use of dropbox) 

UPDATE

It's not an account issue, this is not due for renewal until 19 Nov 2015

When I reinstall it will not recognise my existing file, but wants to create another location on my computer  but only for 2GB

6 Replies 6

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE - not syncing and storage reduced to 2Gb

Super User alumni Tom_H
Super User alumni

Its sounds as if you may have 2 accounts, can you verify the app installed and the one you are logging into the web site with are using the same email address. 

Provided you are indeed using the same account. It may be best to contact the staff that way they can look at billing, see if there is an issue there. Please explain as much as possible to them on the initial contact, that way it will prevent unnecessary back and forth's and speed up a resolution to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

David H.10 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Many thanks for your reply Tom

I only use one email address for this type of product , so yes they are the same email address

I will give the link that you provided a go,  many thanks

David

Super User II
Super User II

Remember that 1 email doesnt necessarily mean you've not got 2 accounts..... for example David.H@ and DavidH@ on some email providers are counted as 1 email (Google for example) but on here are 2 accounts. 

You could also have put a typo in one of the addresses. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Super User II
Super User II

Also should have said. 

Look at www.dropbox.com/events as that usually gives ideas of when an account was set up/what was uploaded etc. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

fboulton New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I just purchased a new laptop so I downloaded dropbox to it, signed in as usual but nothing from my dropbox shows up and it says I only have 2GB of storage yet I have an upgraded account. What's up? and why isn't there a phone number? I've done this before when I've purchased a new computer and never had this issue. Please help. Thank you.

Super User II
Super User II

signed in as usual but nothing from my dropbox shows up and it says I only have 2GB of storage yet I have an upgraded account. 

Sounds like you created a new account instead of signing in to your current account. Make sure you're using the correct email address to sign in.

why isn't there a phone number?

There is, for Dropbox for Business customers. All others use the ticket system.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?