cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are getting unauthorized charges on our accounts

We are getting unauthorized charges on our accounts

Dst1feh
New member | Level 2

It seems that Dropbox is trying to charge unauthorized upgrades to our accounts. Check your bank statements

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unauthorized charges

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @Dst1feh

Due to account-specific info that’s necessary to investigate this, I was able to locate your request from my end and have passed your comments along to the member of my team reviewing this matter for you. When they have more info, they’ll get back to you as soon as possible via email. 

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there @Dst1feh

Due to account-specific info that’s necessary to investigate this, I was able to locate your request from my end and have passed your comments along to the member of my team reviewing this matter for you. When they have more info, they’ll get back to you as soon as possible via email. 

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

JLopez1
New member | Level 2

I purchaced the monthly subscription from Dropbox and a few days later a seperate and unauthorized charge for the yearly plan appeared on my card. I have been trying to contact Dropbox multiple times, for weeks, about this and I STILL have not been helped. I am incredibly dissatisfied with this company that is proving to be so dishonest.

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @JLopez1

I'd be more than happy to help - let's see what we can find!

In general, if you don't recognize a Dropbox charge on your credit card, you can look up for more details by visiting our credit card charge lookup tool

If you have any other questions, you can always get in touch with our Support team directly here and you can see the support options for your account in this article

Finally, if you have submitted a request to our team already, you can send me the seven digit ID of the ticket and I'd be more than happy to have a look at it for you. 

I hope this helps!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Re: We are getting unauthorized charges on our accounts

Pat Boileau
Explorer | Level 3

I have been charged for this service and not authorized. I would like to have charged (transacted today) refunded immediately please.

Pat Boileau
Explorer | Level 3

You and me both - I have also been charged and Dropbox service is absolutely horrible. 3 weeks now and nothing from them, yet they took $155 from my cc. 

Re: We are getting unauthorized charges on our accounts

tjshock
New member | Level 2

I have a unauthorized charge to my account from Dropbox. I hit cancel but will still be charged $12.71 for a month. Have tried many times to contact someone from Dropbox but only get the chatbox which is not helpful. Can't find any way to contact a real person.

This should not be permitted.

Would like to know how many other people are getting unauthorized charges from Dropbox.

Thank you for any help.

Tammie

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tjshock New member | Level 2
    Pat Boileau Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropboxer
    JLopez1 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?