cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to my files when I downgrade my account?

What happens to my files when I downgrade my account?

Camile
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How do I do a  downgrade of my account? What happens to my files after the downgrade? If I transfer them to a different folder in dropbox will they  be lost after the downgrade takes effect?

11 Replies 11

ChristieWSMS
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had free Dropbox account for a long time.  Recently switched to business account, but don't think I need it so didn't pay after the free trial.  Will I loose anything going back to free or does it just automatically switch to free and retain information in the account files?

Not applicable
Go to solution

Hello!

No, you won't loose any files when you downgrade. In the Free plan, your storage is limited to 2GB. If you have more than 2GB currently in your account, you won't be able to add more files and your syncing will stop, when you downgrade. 

Hope this helps!

--------------------

HeartDid this post help you? If so, please mark it for some Kudos below.  

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so, please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so, please provide some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

anonymous Not applicable
    ChristieWSMS New member | Level 2
    Seanx Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?