cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 144.3.4464

Beta Build 144.3.4464

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

16 Replies 16

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

HI @ottofrankotto ,

I'm not sure what to tell you on that one. The universal installer should identify that your on a Mac and choose the beta. Make sure you have the "Early Release" option turned on in your online settings. That's the only thing that I can think of, since it is what triggers choosing the beta.

tjanderson
Helpful | Level 6

I had the same thing happen on M1 MBP Max.

Installed 12.3 this morning.

Logged out of Dropbox and uninstalled the app.

Confirmed that I have early releases turned on and installed the latest beta universal.

I was surprised that it still asked for the Dropbox folder location so I let it proceed. It is now syncing and updated its version to 145.2.3154

ottofrankotto
New member | Level 2

@tjanderson I was running 145.2.3154 before I tried the reinstall. Dropbox folder was located in my user folder but I also had 'Local' enabled on this Mac so there was no online-only syncing.

@JWL_Photo I made sure to have "Early Release" enabled.

I searched in Finder and noticed that the "CloudStorage" folder was missing in ~/Library on this Mac Mini. 

I tested a demo install of OneDrive (they also transitioned to the "CloudStorage" folder). At installation I was given a similar option to install in my user folder which left me completely confused. Proceeded with installation to find that it had in fact created the "CloudStorage" folder in ~/Library and a symbolic link (alias) was placed in my user folder. 

Tried this Dropbox build again (Universal & Offline) to see if anything had changed with the newly created "CloudStorage" folder but it still behaves the same. 

voidheart
Explorer | Level 4

I unlinked and deleted all references to Dropbox. I have "Early Releases" enabled. I re-installed the universal build.

It's still using Build 144.3.4464, and it has not created any files under ~/Library/CloudStorage.

Is this weird?

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Hopefully someone from Dropbox is monitoring this and can weigh in. That is certainly not the expected behavior. @clientreleases ? Anyone?

pollycat
Helpful | Level 6

I tried to upgrade three Macs today - an Intel Mac Pro, an Intel MacBook Pro and and M1 Max MacBook Pro.

I tried using both the universal and standalone Betas.

Before upgrading, I backed up all my local Dropbox files and then completely removed Dropbox and all related files from each computer, like starting fresh on each one.

The interesting part:

- On both the Intel machines, Dropbox automatically created a Dropbox folder in the new "CloudStorage" location, proceeded to download files as "online only" with cloud symbols next to them and had to be forced to download the actual files by selecting "make available offline" or some such.

- On the M1 Max machine, I tried several times but it would only ever install the "old-style" Dropbox, always placing the folder under my User account and then each file having the circular blue or green dots to show syncing or downloaded.

Didn't trust the results so rolled each machine back to Mac OS 12.2 and the latest Stable Dropbox release.

JWL Photo
Collaborator | Level 10

Hi @pollycat ,

I am on OS12.3 and an Intel machine. I installed the beta several days ago (under OS 12.2.1) and OS 12.3 last night. So far,  everything is working (after all the previously described issues to even get to start synching). I think you are safe to install DB on the Intel machines. I have no idea what to tell you on the M1 one. Given DB's stance on Apple silicon, so far, I'm certainly glad I still have an Intel machine!

Need more support?