cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you collaborate on the same document with other users?

Can you collaborate on the same document with other users?

orsadoc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Does anyone know if Dropbox allows Collaborative document sharing?

Can one place a password on a particular folder when the folder is shared with others?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @orsadoc; welcome to the Community and thanks for posting your first question. 

As sharing is one of our core features you'll of course be able to use it to collaborate on docs you shared with others. 

As per password protecting a folder, I'm afraid this won't be possible at the moment, but feel free to create an idea in the relevant section of our Community so other users can upvote it and contribute with their own suggestions.

That being said, we have a feature called File locking (offered to Dropbox Business and Professional users) that prevents a file from being edited to allow teams and collaborators to coordinate and avoid conflicted copies

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @orsadoc; welcome to the Community and thanks for posting your first question. 

As sharing is one of our core features you'll of course be able to use it to collaborate on docs you shared with others. 

As per password protecting a folder, I'm afraid this won't be possible at the moment, but feel free to create an idea in the relevant section of our Community so other users can upvote it and contribute with their own suggestions.

That being said, we have a feature called File locking (offered to Dropbox Business and Professional users) that prevents a file from being edited to allow teams and collaborators to coordinate and avoid conflicted copies

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

juliettegraff
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Regarding the choir links, recordings, bulletins, etc.,  yes but, I believe "collaboration" involves working in tandem with the issues in the music to share- other than that I do not understand what your collaboration includes.

juliettegraff
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hmmmmm, i think this is possible- dunno, if I can extricate from the muddles I've just been through. Gut I can take a risk, sometimes....

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

juliettegraff Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?