cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change screenshot folder location for automatic upload

Cannot change screenshot folder location for automatic upload

Julian S.7
Helpful | Level 5

I just upgraded to a Mac Mini M1 and loaded all updates to have Big Sur 11.4. 

Since that, whenever I take a screenshot, the files are uploaded to the Dropbox root folder, not the "Screenshots" folder anymore. That clutters the Dropbox in an undesired way. Is there a setting I'm missing to force the upload into the "Screenshot" folder on my dropbox?

3 Replies 3

Re: Cannot change screenshot folder location for automatic upload

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @Julian S.7, I hope you're having a great Monday! 

Can you let me know more, regarding the syncing status of your app, and the version you're using there?

If you could also take a look into this Help Center article, and make sure your screenshots are set-up that way, I'd appreciate it. 

Let me know what you find.  

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Julian S.7
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Lori and thank you for the reply! Sorry for answering so late. 

Everything is synced between the M1 Mac (11.4 Big Sur) and Dropbox (124.3.4898 is the app version). I tried unchecking and re-checking the screenshots options. but screenshots are still being uploaded to Dropbox's root folder, not the dedicated Screenshot folder anymore. It does not make DB unusable, but it does make it a bit unnerving having to constantly move and sort the screenshots. I do use macOS's screenshot function on a daily basis.

Lori
Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know more, Julian! 

Your Dropbox desktop application is utilizing the beta version at the moment, which could be causing this. 

Le'ts try one more thing.

Go into your account settings on the Dropbox website and turn Early releases off. After that, install one of the stable builds of the Dropbox application. 

A reboot after this might be needed. Let me know if this does the trick for you @Julian S.7.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Julian S.7 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?