cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Personal (Old)

Dropbox Personal (Old)

Jamlindell
Explorer | Level 3

I had to clean up my hard drive just now, and discovered that I seem to have several instances of Dropbox taking up space. On C:/users/[myusername] I find the folder "Dropbox Personal" - but also "Dropbox personal (Old)". The Old folder changed last 15 Dec last year, which may coincide with the release of (and my installation of) the new dropbox app for Windows (10). I have no recollection of creating the Old folder myself, so I assume that it is related to some sw update or other.

Anyone else have the same experience? Anyone who knows whether it is safe to simply delete the "Dropbox Personal (Old)" version? It consumes a lot of disk space, and I do not want to run into future version problems either. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox Personal (Old)

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Jamlindell, thanks for joining the Community!

If the Dropbox folder has the (Old) suffix, then it means it's no longer syncing to the site, and belonged to another Dropbox account.

You can safely delete that folder, assuming there are no green ticks or other sync icons in the folder, if you no longer need the files in the folder.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Jamlindell, thanks for joining the Community!

If the Dropbox folder has the (Old) suffix, then it means it's no longer syncing to the site, and belonged to another Dropbox account.

You can safely delete that folder, assuming there are no green ticks or other sync icons in the folder, if you no longer need the files in the folder.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Jamlindell
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks - although it cannot be that it belonged to another dropbox account since I have never had any.

Anders

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jamlindell Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?