cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox doesn't sync symbolic links anymore

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Seems like Dropbox have removed the one most useful feature of DropBox; it is now 99% useless. Who the hell wants to reverse the symlinks. We all have file structures outside the dropbox maybe over multiple drives, which we have used for years, so are never going to change that. This is a crazy decision. Go back to the otiginal method ort I'm done with Dropbox !!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Totally agree. It makes no sense and takes out a lot of value of the solution. Leaving Dropbox now, moving to Google Drive. 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

To put it mildly this is a deal breaking feature retraction (you call it side effect we call it feature). 

Dropbox have become useless for me thanks to this. Please work hard and re enable this. I wish you good luck with all my heart in doing so. 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Wow, I can't believe this has been removed. I use it for a large number of my files, only to find that (silently) this feature was taken away and that files I thought were backing up haven't been doing so for months! I'm lucky I caught this issue out.

I'm strongly considering moving to Google Drive as well. I spend far too much on Dropbox to have issues like this constantly popping up.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?