cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files have gone missing after being removed

Files have gone missing after being removed

gianchiiii
New member | Level 2

deleted all my files of the computer for no reason after delating a folder of dropbox but i did not sync the folder with dropbox and block my desktop of mac from creating new folder. someone knows?

1 Reply 1

Re: FILES

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @gianchiiii, thanks for checking in with us. 

If you didn't add an items to your Dropbox account, either from the website or the desktop app, then it shouldn't have been synced to your account. 

In turn, if it was removed without having being uploaded or synced, then the cause is very possibly related to something outside of the Dropbox app. 

Just to make sure though, could you check your events page to see if you can find a recent record of the items being added or removed?

Check it out and let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?