cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't share an app folder with other users

I can't share an app folder with other users

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I've created an app, an connected it with my plugin. 

I have right now to share the genereted folder inside my application folder with our company's colaborators, but Dropbox genarates only a shared link, readonly, so other users can't add their files, and this is a big issue for us.

Pleace anyone has an idea how i can process??

NB : My app has a full Dropbox permission!!

Thank you !!

5 Replies 5

Re: I can't share an app folder with other users

Super User II

@devxpress wrote:

I have right now to share the genereted folder inside my application folder with our company's colaborators, but Dropbox genarates only a shared link, readonly, so other users can't add their files, and this is a big issue for us.

If you're referring to the Apps folder or any of the subfolders within it, these are special folders and, to my knowledge, cannot be shared like a regular folder.

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your reply, so there is no solution??

Because it's a big issue, the folder should be fed by our colaborators !!

thanks !!

Super Collaborator | Level 20

@devxpress wrote:

NB : My app has a full Dropbox permission!!

Hi @devxpress,

It isn't very clear what you mean "application folder"! 🧐 Since you have full access in your application to your account (as you have mentioned), an application related folder could be any folder in your account. If this is the case, there shouldn't be any reason preventing sharing. If it isn't the case, just make it - select suitable folder. :winking face: Keep only applications account related configurations in the App namespace, erverything else (dedicated for share) outsaide.

Hope this gives idea.

Dropboxer

Hi @devxpress, could you clarify exactly which option you have selected for your app, according to this page?

It sounds like either you have the app folder, or full Dropbox access, which are different options

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello ,

Thank you for your reply,

My app is Full Dropox, 

in my dropox home, i can see Application folder, inside i've created an other folder which i want to share with my collaborators who should add files. But this operation is impossible. Because when i click on share button, i get a message, that i can only  share a link with other users (readonly, wich means they will only see the files and download it).

I hope you get my issue now.

Thank you !!

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?