cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to delay the desktop app from syncing after saving a file?

Highlighted

Is there a way to delay the desktop app from syncing after saving a file?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi

We use Dropbox and love it, but we have problems when it comes to how fast the program start to sync a file.

We use Protools (DAW) and when that program saves a session file, it for some reason, name it to a random name e.g "4gfaih7h8gh87.ptx" for a few milliseconds before it change the file to the right name. In that time DB allready tryes to upload the file and I got errors from Protools. This is only in WIN not Mac. I know this is a rare case and proberbly something Avid have to fix. But I wonder if there is a tweak to make DB be less aggressive and maybe wait 0.5s before trying to sync the file so I dont have to pause/unpause all the time.

Cheers

Eric

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Is there any way to make DB less aggressive ?

Dropboxer

Hi @hectorljud, thanks for checking in with us!

There isn't currently an option to delay the sync slightly after changes are saved I'm afraid.

We do have a request for a feature like this here, which I could suggest giving a vote to show your support for this.

The workaround that I would suggest in the meantime would be what you've already been doing, with pausing/resuming sync around saving the file. 

After a recent update, there is now an option to pause for 30 mins, 1 hour or until tomorrow. Perhaps this might be helpful as you can pause syncing and the app will resume itself after the specified time.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?