cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of space in dropbox folder

Lack of space in dropbox folder

markson
Explorer | Level 3

The Dropbox folder on my computer only has 350MB of data on it. However, whenever I try to access a Dropbox folder that someone else sends to be, no matter how little amount of data is in the Dropbox folder, I get a message that my Dropbox folder is full (even though a free Dropbox folder holds 2GB of data) and it does not allow me to view the folder sent to me.  Any help would be much appreciated!.

5 Replies 5

Re: Lack of space in dropbox folder

Rich
Super User II

@markson wrote:

... whenever I try to access a Dropbox folder that someone else sends to be, no matter how little amount of data is in the Dropbox folder, I get a message that my Dropbox folder is full ...

If it's saying your Dropbox is full, then it's either full or it would be full if you were to add the folder, which means you wouldn't be able to add the folder.

Look on your Plan page and see what it's reporting for your actual usage. Whatever is shown on this page is accurate, as it's showing the space used in your account, and not just what's on you local drive, as they could be different. It's what is in your account that matters.

markson
Explorer | Level 3

I have now cleared every single file out of my Dropbox folder on my laptop.  I can also see that the data in the shared Dropbox folder that I am trying to view and download is less than 2GB.  So, there is a problem here that should solvable.

markson
Explorer | Level 3

How do I delete data in my account if my local Dropbox folder is empty?

markson
Explorer | Level 3

I can't find a single file in my account, but it is still saying I don't have room.

markson
Explorer | Level 3

Rich, would please answer my questions?  Thank you, kindly.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

markson Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?