cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Some files not uploading

Some files not uploading

RuairiMcNichola
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I upgraded to Dropbox Premium today and began uploading files. I tried uploading a folder, half of it uploaded then it paused on one file, a .PSD around 14MB. I clicked into the uploading details and this file was about half uploaded. Clicking the X doesn't cancel the upload so I had to refresh the page and retry uploading half of the folder. Uploading this .PSD on its own doesn't work. I tried resaving the PSD to ensure it's not corrupt but this doesn't work.

I then had the exact same problem with a different, uncorrupt PSD of size 8MB. I'm very unimpressed; there's no error to say what the issue is. Not a good start to Premium.

Any suggestions on what to do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @RuairiMcNichola

Sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced uploading your files online, I'm here to help you out! 

To get past the issue with the website uploader, I'd recommend downloading the stable version of the desktop application and transferring the files inside the Dropbox folder there. Your files will upload faster and you also have the option to move entire folders

I hope that this helps you get the best out of the service! 

If you need more help, just let me know in your reply here. 

Thanks, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey @RuairiMcNichola

Sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced uploading your files online, I'm here to help you out! 

To get past the issue with the website uploader, I'd recommend downloading the stable version of the desktop application and transferring the files inside the Dropbox folder there. Your files will upload faster and you also have the option to move entire folders

I hope that this helps you get the best out of the service! 

If you need more help, just let me know in your reply here. 

Thanks, 

JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

SandraS1
Explorer | Level 3

Good day,

I have downloaded all my dropbox file on my desktop. My collegue has created a new folder but it doesn't show on my desktop but I can see the folder on the internet explorere dropbox and on my phone. All dropbox folders on my desktop are up to date.

Why can't I see that one folder? 

Thanks in advance!

Sandra

Fiona
Dropboxer

Hi @SandraS1!

Most likely incompatible characters are preventing this folder from syncing to your desktop.

Read about this issue and it's solution here.

Thanks! 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

SandraS1
Explorer | Level 3

Good day Fiona,

Thanks for sending the link. It says the follwoing:

Ignored files

Some small system files aren't synced over Dropbox. These include:

• desktop.ini
  • thumbs.db
  • .ds_store
  • icon\r
  • .dropbox
  • .dropbox.attr

I do have a desktop.ini cache in my dropbox that just popped up the other day. How do I deal with this, can I just delete that?

Best regards,

Sandra

Fiona
Dropboxer

Dropbox keeps a cache of files hidden in your Dropbox for efficiency and for emergency purposes. This is the cache of the desktop application. 

You can take the following steps to clear the cache. This will not affect or remove the files in your Dropbox folder. 

👣

1. Stop Dropbox:
  • Click on the Dropbox icon.
  • Select "Quit Dropbox" (Linux) or click on your profile picture or initials to the right of the search bar, and select "Quit Dropbox" (Mac) or "Exit Dropbox" (Windows).
  1. Carefully follow the instructions here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/328

Note for Dropbox Business users: make sure to use the steps under "Dropbox Business users" when following the steps in the article.

1. Restart Dropbox:
  • Mac and Linux: Run from Applications folder.
  • Windows: Run from Start > All Programs menu.

If the issue persists, please remove the Dropbox cache folder completely. This involves following the steps stated above to clear the cache folder, but this time try by fully deleting the main .dropbox.cache folder instead of deleting just its contents.

Let me know how this goes. 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?