cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading an audio file fails and have to try multiple times before it will upload, any ideas?

Uploading an audio file fails and have to try multiple times before it will upload, any ideas?

Helpful | Level 5

Why do my audio files fail to upload. It starts out with 3 mintues then get to 15 second and fails? They are only 54 mb of data and only have about 6 files in my account. I have such a problem uploading sometime taking 6 or 7 trys before it upload.

6 Replies 6

Re: Uploading a audio file

Dropboxer

Hi there @eve4god, thanks for reaching out to us here!

So I can have a bit of a better idea of the issue you're having with this, please let me know where you're uploading the file from. For example, through the website or a mobile device.

Also, do you only appear to have this issue with specific file types? You mentioned that this happens for your audio files, is it only for these files?

Let me know!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 5

I  replyed  from my email but it tryed for 72 hour and never went through. I am uploading form my computer, in the mp3 format. I wish how I could make this process work. It takes days some time to upload 1 file after may tries. I get up early to make the process earier because so many people are on the internet.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @eve4god!

Can you try the following and let me know if there is any change in uploading a file?

• Clear your browser's cache
  • Use an incognito/private browsing window
  • Use another web browser

Keep me posted!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Uploading an audio file fails and have to try multiple times before it will upload, any ideas?

New member | Level 2

Yes, I'm having the same problem. But it's only happened recently. I've had Dropbox for years & never had a problem before. Now, within the last month or so when I try to upload audio files from Logic (wav files no bigger than 60MB) It starts the upload process, then either just stops, or I get a message saying "error no files have been uploaded". I'm only uploading 4 files. I checked my available space & I've got plenty! If anyone has an answer please email me.

Thank you!

New member | Level 2

How do I clear browser's cache?

Dropboxer

Hi @gigioakley1; thanks for joining this discussion and sorry to hear about the issue you've been going through when uploading files to your account through a web browser.

To clear your browser's cache, you can follow the steps outlined in the resource below: 

If that didn't improve matters, you can also try another browser.

Let us know how it goes! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?