Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is the limit for uploading through the website?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi

Is there still a 20GB file size limit when uploading through the web interface?

Regards

JS 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: web browser upload limit

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @js23, thanks for reaching out to us here.

Currently, you can upload up to 50 GB of data at a time through our website!

If you're uploading a large amount of data to Dropbox and don't have a very stable Internet connection, then you can also use the desktop app for uploading.

If you're having any trouble with uploading via the web though, feel free to nudge me here and I'd be more than happy to help out.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thanks Daphne. 

I do have a stable connection, indeed I have been able to upload a 40GB file to Onedrive in 25 minutes. Trying through the Dropbox web interface in IE and the same file just errors out after half an hour or so with no usable error message. Tried with Chrome as well and it just sits there for a while showing no progress and then errors. Finally tried to install the desktop app but the machine is a 2008 server and the app just gives a blank sign in page during setup.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me @js23!

If you'd like to try again via the website, I'd suggest clearing the browser cache or even trying an incognito window.

With the desktop app, while it's not designed to run on a server OS you should be able to use the app if you have it installed on an individual user account rather than as a service.

The blank login screen could be due to an antivirus/firewall or a VPN/proxy setting. Could you temporarily disable any of these on your device to see if that does the trick and allows you to sign in?

Just a tip, if you don't want all your account content to sync to your device just yet, after signing into click "Advanced settings" and use selective sync to uncheck all folders.

If you want to keep using the app after uploading the file, you can then change the selective sync settings through the app preferences. 

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?