cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the Dropbox files I created when the Business Trial ended

Highlighted

Where are the Dropbox files I created when the Business Trial ended

New member | Level 2

I was added as new Business Trial account instead of to the existing Business Team. On the 12/11/20, the Trial ended and my work files stop syncing but I was still able to work on them. Pre 12/11, everything had a green tick or grey cloud, from 13/11-18/11, some of my new files and edited files have a red tick.

So our IT person uninstalled my Dropbox on 18/11 and re-installed and added me to the Business Team. But all the files I had worked on reverted back to the 12/11 version, and I had subsequently lost all the work edits or adds done up to 18/11.

How do I get the latest 18/11 files back, where did they go? I tried to lodge an email support ticket but could not manage to find a restoration link.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Where are the Dropbox files I created when the Business Trial ended

Dropboxer

Hey there @traceyjanetp, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Generally, if you see a red syncing icon on your files, it'll have a white cross on them. 

This means that something is wrong and those files aren't syncing to your account properly. 

Just to make sure, do you see the updated versions of the files locally on your computer by any chance?

Check it out and let me know what you find, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Lusil,

I looked and could not see anything. Is there a default Dropbox folder that could be on my local drive?

Obviously the files synced to the Business Account up to the 12/11. Once the trial came off, did my email address revert to its own Dropbox account separate to the Business Account. Every day between 12/11 and 18/11 I could see the latest file I worked on the day before, so it was saving to somewhere, where was that saving to when it was not syncing to the Business Account to allow me to do that?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

If the team was on a Business trial up till the 12th, it sounds like it ended up in locked state

If this is the case, that means that the files stopped syncing to your account, and any new edits and additions you made locally did not make it to our servers. 

Since you mention that the desktop app was re-installed, could you clarify if the device was unlinked from your account?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?