cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open a dropbox link

can't open a dropbox link

TK27
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I received an email with the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/23315lmnhjsa1yu/AABDJVQ3OItMbL8_ozkyqfyUa?dl=0

The link can’t be opened and a message appeared  ”That didn’t work for some reason’’.

I clicked refresh for the page , signed out of dropbox and clicked the link many times then tried copy & paste for  the link on browser address bar but nothing works.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Sounds to me like the file has been removed/changed or link deleted. 

I'd ask them for another link 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Sounds to me like the file has been removed/changed or link deleted. 

I'd ask them for another link 🙂

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@profelite wrote:

Unable to download a file from the link below.

Contact the file owner and ask for a new link.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

This link has been removed for many months - it is obviously a popular one as it appears on here frequently: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/can-t-open-a-dropbox-link/td-p/517513

Azat202021
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
please ask for help. Can't access links in dropbox. I tried to enter from different browsers and device, but an error comes out “ That didn't work for some reason
If it's a fluke, it might work if you refresh the page. You can also ask us for help.”

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Azat202021, thanks for posting here today! 

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error you receive on your end when you open the shared link? 

Does that happen with all of your links? 

Keep me updated.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Azat202021
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Seems not with all links. The screenshot shows a dog with a bowl and this inscription on top“That didn't work for some reason”

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Azat202021 - it still means the same thing. The link is no longer valid. 

You need to get a new one. 

Azat202021
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
the link is working, another user opens this link. I can’t understand at all why I can’t open it?

thehuqa
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I can't seem to open a file sent to me. Please help. This is the link. [Link removed by moderator]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    thehuqa Explorer | Level 3
    Azat202021 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?