cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't open a dropbox link

can't open a dropbox link

TK27
Explorer | Level 3

I received an email with the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/23315lmnhjsa1yu/AABDJVQ3OItMbL8_ozkyqfyUa?dl=0

The link can’t be opened and a message appeared  ”That didn’t work for some reason’’.

I clicked refresh for the page , signed out of dropbox and clicked the link many times then tried copy & paste for  the link on browser address bar but nothing works.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't open a dropbox link

Mark
Super User II

Sounds to me like the file has been removed/changed or link deleted. 

I'd ask them for another link 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Re: can't open a dropbox link

Mark
Super User II

Sounds to me like the file has been removed/changed or link deleted. 

I'd ask them for another link 🙂

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: INQUIRY

Rich
Super User II

@profelite wrote:

Unable to download a file from the link below.

Contact the file owner and ask for a new link.

Re: INQUIRY

Mark
Super User II

This link has been removed for many months - it is obviously a popular one as it appears on here frequently: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/can-t-open-a-dropbox-link/td-p/517513

can't open links in dropbox

Azat202021
Explorer | Level 3
please ask for help. Can't access links in dropbox. I tried to enter from different browsers and device, but an error comes out “ That didn't work for some reason
If it's a fluke, it might work if you refresh the page. You can also ask us for help.”

Re: can't open links in dropbox

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @Azat202021, thanks for posting here today! 

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error you receive on your end when you open the shared link? 

Does that happen with all of your links? 

Keep me updated.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Azat202021
Explorer | Level 3
Seems not with all links. The screenshot shows a dog with a bowl and this inscription on top“That didn't work for some reason”

Mark
Super User II

@Azat202021 - it still means the same thing. The link is no longer valid. 

You need to get a new one. 

Azat202021
Explorer | Level 3
the link is working, another user opens this link. I can’t understand at all why I can’t open it?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Azat202021 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?