cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rewind files

rewind files

Tika Prihandini
New member | Level 2

how to rewind my files when it attack by ransomware, because it can not back to previous file before ransomware 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: rewind files

Mark
Super User II

Try just looking at deleted files rather than previous versions. 

If not you need to log a ticket for support at www.dropbox.com/support.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

You can follow https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/security/ransomware-recovery

You may also be able to do it at www.dropbox.com/events.

Note you can only rollback for the length of time of your paid plan at time of change. So, if you were a free user when you were hit by ransomware you only have 30 days to recover the files - even if you are now paid. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Tika Prihandini
New member | Level 2

its not work, because the older version is when the file attack my file, so no more file tha more older than that, could you help me please?

Tika Prihandini
New member | Level 2

i mean, the older version is only the file attacked, wit name .reqg

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox only keeps 30 days of previous versions (or 180 if you paid Plus). So, if you've not edited or changed a file in that time there wont be a previous version to restore to. 

BUT there should be at least one version to restore back to (unless you've waited too long) but it may be under a different name - as the file extension has changed the name may have also updated. 

Tika Prihandini
New member | Level 2

the accident was yesterday at 12.33 pm, so to day i want to rewind my files but there is no version older than 12.33 pm, so i dont understand why. help me please, these file are important

Mark
Super User II

Try just looking at deleted files rather than previous versions. 

If not you need to log a ticket for support at www.dropbox.com/support.

View solution in original post

Tika Prihandini
New member | Level 2

i have seen to the deleted files, buut it same, there is no right version that i want, but thank you so much for your reply 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tika Prihandini New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?