cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share is missing from windows right click

share is missing from windows right click

Bill21
New member | Level 2

Reading through all of this muckity muck for the third time and nothing seems be the solution. The share and link option were always visible until recently, now they are gone.

Yes I have the latest version

yes there are shared folders in DB now (share and link options missing on those too)

so frustrated with something that should be drop dead simple

Can you please help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: share is missing from windows right click

Bill21
New member | Level 2

While I was getting the screen shots, I noticed that DP had stopped syncing for some reason.  I resumed syncing and checked for share and links in windows right click within DP and the are appearing now.

So I was unaware that all of the folders were not synced, thus missing DP features. My mistake for not noticing. So rule of thumb, be sure to note that all files and folders are synced and that DP has the green check box on each.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

Bill

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Bill21, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please send us a screenshot of the app's exact status as shown in your menu bar/system tray and another one showing the missing options?

This will help us assist further. 

In the meantime, you can use the website to share your files and folders with others. 

In any case, keep me posted, Bill. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Bill21
New member | Level 2

While I was getting the screen shots, I noticed that DP had stopped syncing for some reason.  I resumed syncing and checked for share and links in windows right click within DP and the are appearing now.

So I was unaware that all of the folders were not synced, thus missing DP features. My mistake for not noticing. So rule of thumb, be sure to note that all files and folders are synced and that DP has the green check box on each.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

Bill

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Bill21 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?